Jan 5, 2015

endings/beginnings

A recap in photos.

{ D  E  C  E  M  B  E  R }
Grandma's birthday


Printing and distributing invites.
Christmas and New Year's Eve with Carlo and my family.

Meeting Patti, my long-time blog friend! In a way, she's been with me ever since I started blogging nearly a decade ago (I kid you not). She has been very supportive even as I keep changing my blog URLs and going through life's different seasons. So glad I got to finally meet this fine lady. // Harbor Point, Subic
During food tasting! // Subic Grand Seas Resort

 { J  A  N  U  A  R  Y  one-five }
Enjoying hot tea and the nippy Baguio weather + pre-marital counseling with the Hertwecks + catching up with APTS friends before they start the final trimester of the school year. I'd like to think of the San Diego Starbucks mug as "foreshadowing."

With Carlo and his cousins at Sage, Baguio City
These pieces really came from Israel. And yes, the tile says "y'all"
Kimchi Taco finishing up some assignments and looking like he's from Assassin's Creed. He is one trimester away from finishing his M.Div and two months away from marrying me! :)

The end of 2014 and beginning of 2015 was both productive and refreshing on my side of the world. Lindsay, a friend from APTS (and recently engaged!),  asked her Facebook friends to capture their year's focus in one word. It's a simple question requiring a simple response, but with great implications. What would I like to focus on this year? It's joy. I have a few other words in mind but joy is something I missed during most of 2014. If there is one thing I want to be this 2015 wherever I am and whatever situation I find myself in, it's to be joyful. 

With the psalmist, this is also my heart's desire for you and I as we move on:

Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together!
P  S  A  L  M   3 4  :  3 ,  E  S  V



Linking up with Emily of Ember Grey for Grateful Heart Mondays :)




No comments:

Post a Comment