Oct 30, 2014

Friday Blender

Friday Blender is a(n ideally) weekly roundup of things that caught my attention, challenged my thinking, inspired my heart, and delighted my senses. Here's this week's edition:


I.
Felix Culpa | Kings Kaleidoscope
One of my favorite bands (and songs) as of late. Cannot. stop. listening.


II.

I'm deeply inspired by the life of the Helsers. Melissa and her husband Jonathan are amazing people who are so in love with the Trinity.


The things they do are the overflow of a fruitful walk with the Lord. They are an artistic couple that raises a family, travels, writes, performs, leads, and teaches so well. I find their lives so integrated and inviting. By listening to their songs and podcast, watching their videos, and reading their blogs, it's like I know them already. Yet as prolific as they are in what they do, I think their true success comes from their ability to point everything back to God.

One thing's for sure: the Helsers have invited me to move from shallow to deep waters and continue pursuing fellowship with the blessed Trinity.

III.

I recently finished Rhythms of Grace by Kerri Weems (see my review below). It was my first book since signing up with Book Look Bloggers. I downloaded Jesus, Continued by J.D. Greear to read and review next. For my dose of fiction, I'm also reading Pulitzer Prize-winning The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides (who also penned The Virgin Suicides and Middlesex).


Getting my reading rhythm back gives me warm fuzzies.


IV.
Three words stand out to me this week:

DREAMS.
COURAGE.
PATIENCE.

I will carry them in my pocket for a while.

*****

Love well this weekend.

-Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment